historia

ίστορία, or historia, is a Greek word that means not only to investigate or to enquire, but also to share the fruits of those investigations with the world.

It is not my intention to have this site as place for my online journal. I wish it to be more of an online community with my friends and family making contributions to an intellectual dialog. To that exent this is an invitation for all of you not only to read and enjoy this page, but to make contributions to it as well.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Historian Sharing With Community

Normally I have been fairly shy about letting other people read my historical work. I feel inadequate about my writing and think I can do much better. However, Carol thinks its good and my professor keeps giving me A's, so I will venture to share them with my new online community. Below is a link to my school website. It contains downloadable word documents of some of my recent historical writing. Please email me if you wish to comment or have any ideas on how to improve my writing style.

http://classroom.kleinisd.net/webs/jbenignus/paper_page.htm

1 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Andrew said…

    i read your oral history paper - i think it paints a clear picture about how we are often blind to whats right in front of us -- either that or how a society's perspectives quickly evolve. any guess as to which it is?

    if its the first, then we are at risk of being blind to some injustices that will seem obvious 50 years from now - but thats a road to skepticism

    if its the second, then maybe the post-modern historians are on to something. not that i want to throw truth out the window, objective truths surely exist - but maybe we need to start thinking of them differently, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home